Scholarship for an online MA in CALL
EuroCALL is pleased to offer a full scholarship to a EuroCALL member for the online MA in Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) offered by the Cyprus University of Technology (CUT) Language Centre, for the academic year 2016-2017.
The MA in CALL is intended for language teachers from around the world, at all educational levels, who are seeking to attend a postgraduate programme in this area and in a mostly online mode. The MA offers knowledge and skills needed for professional careers in teaching second / foreign language with the use of new technologies at all levels of education (pre-primary, primary, secondary, tertiary). For more information visit: http://blogs.cut.ac.cy/cut/call
The scholarship covers the following:
- Tuition fee of €4100 for European citizens and €7200 for Non-European Citizens
To be eligible to apply, candidates must have:
(a) A Bachelor’s Degree
To meet the entry requirements for Master’s level studies at CUT, students must be holders of a Bachelor’s degree in an area related to language/ language teaching, from an internationally recognised university.
(b) English language Proficiency
Students must demonstrate proficiency in English through an internationally recognised test such as TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent. Required Test Scores: IELTS score of 6.5 or more; G.C.E/ I.G.C.S.E of C or better or TOEFL of 82 or better. In case a candidate has graduated from a Bachelor’s programme offered in English, the English proficiency requirement will be waived.
Note: The scholarship will be granted based on the academic performance of the applicant.
Master’s Application Guide
Candidates must have a valid email address in order to apply and submit the following documents:
- A copy of a valid passport or Civil ID
- Curriculum vitae ( CV)
- Certified copies of all earned Degrees (or a confirmation stating that the candidate is expected to graduate before September 1st, 2016)
- Certified copy of academic transcripts
- A statement of interest (approximately 500 words) in which the candidate explains why he/she wishes to pursue the MA in CALL, as well as indicate specific areas of academic and research interests
- Evidence of English proficiency (copies of certificates)
- Any other certificates and documents, such as relevant academic or professional work (publications, articles, portfolio, etc.)
- Two referees: include the names and contact details (email and telephone number) of two people who know your academic or professional background.
For further information regarding the application process, students may contact the Language Centre secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.